2:10 pm – 3:10 pm | Presentation | Room: Forum 14-16
Leading Digital Transformation with Business Architecture
Presented by: Michael Rosen
Digital Transformation is all the rage. But unlike some overhyped buzzwords, it is real, it is happening now, and much faster than we think. As with other enterprise initiatives, it needs to be met with a combination of experimentation, innovation, thought, and yes, Architecture. To deliver on the promise of transformative user experience across all channels, all the time, requires consistent and coordinated information that doesn’t just happen by itself. In fact, IDC predicts that 60% of siloed digital transformation initiatives will not deliver or scale due to a lack of architecture. But we know it doesn’t have to be that way.
This session distills IDC’s extensive research in digital transformation and strategic architecture into an action plan for business architects and what they need to do to make themselves and their architectures foundational to their company’s digital transformation.
- Learn what the forces of digital transformation are, and more importantly what they mean in terms of new architectural requirements
- Explore a case study of business architecture in digital transformation
- Understand the opportunities for business architecture in achieving success and avoiding pitfalls
Mike Rosen is Research VP of Strategic Architecture at IDC. He is also VP and Founder of the Business Architecture Guild. For the past 15 years he was Chief Scientist of Wilton Consulting Group which specializes in helping organizations create and get value from Business and Enterprise Architectures. Mr. Rosen has over 35 years experience in architecture and application development, has held numerous CTO and Chief Architecture positions, and is internationally regarded for his presentations and courses in architecture.
Michael's 2016 Presentations:
- Digital Transformation: Profound Changes Require New Architectural Thinking
Monday, October 31, 2016 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Leading Digital Transformation with Business Architecture
Thursday, November 3, 2016 (2:10 pm – 3:10 pm)