3:20 pm – 4:20 pm | Case Study | Room: Florentine I & II
Recruiting, Growing, Retaining, and Maximizing Your Millennial BA Workforce
This is a case study where two millennials share their experiences as first time Business Analysts. We will be covering our unique perspectives on how each year Lowe’s Companies, Inc. successfully onboards a group of millennial BAs, fosters their development, and retains them long term, which supports the Fortune 50 retailer in its organizational goals. Our presentation will cover how Lowe’s bridges two important gaps: one between collegiate experience and real world expectations, and one between millennial attitudes and Gen X/Boomers point of view through the use of a college talent program, hiring classes, group trainings, a community of practice, and more.
- Growing, maximizing, and utilizing your millennial BA workforce
- Understanding what millennials value in their prospective employers
- Developing strategies on retaining millennial BA talent
- Discerning which skills and experiences to expect from your millennial BA workforce
- A case study on how Lowe’s tackles this concept head on
Sr. IT Associate Business Analyst
Brett Larter is a Senior IT Associate Business Analyst at Lowe's Companies, Inc. He received his B.S. in Management Information Systems at the Pennsylvania State University with a minor in Communications Arts & Sciences in the spring of 2014. At Lowe's, he is leading IT business analysis efforts for floorplanning and label making on an agile scrum team.
Brett's 2016 Presentations:
- Recruiting, Growing, Retaining, and Maximizing Your Millennial BA Workforce
Thursday, November 3, 2016 (3:20 pm – 4:20 pm)