3:20 pm – 4:20 pm | Presentation | Room: Roman III & IV
A Firm Commitment To Business Analysis: Creating a BA Method For a Global Energy Company
Presented by: Alfred Maeso
Repsol is a global energy Spanish company that started in 2014 an organizational restructuring aimed to maximize the business value obtained by IT. In this context, Netmind worked collaboratively with Repsol to define and implement a Business Analysis method, aligned with the BABOK Guide, that included:
- the main BA activities undertaken within the lifecycle of corporate projects
- the roles and responsibilities involved from the identification of the idea to benefits realization
- templates for key BA documents
- recommended techniques
This presentation will explain the process undertaken to define the method, which involved a group of analysts at Repsol, the main problems and challenges that we faced, and change management activities being carried out to consolidate the method in the organization.
- Learn how to put the BABOK Guide knowledge into practice in a real case
- Learn the steps involved in a transformational change
Alfred Maeso, CBAP, PME-PBA, PMP, PRINCE2, MSP, MoP, ITIL
Lead Expert in Project Management and Business Analysis
I have over 15 years experience in leading IT projects and IT services for different organizations and public administration. My focus of interest and expertise is on Business Analysis and Program and Project Management.
I hold a degree in Telecommunications Engineering and I'm certified as a Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP), Professional in Business analysis (PMI-PBA), Project Management Professional (PMP), PRINCE2, MSP, MoP and ITIL Approved Trainer.
I am a regular Trainer and mentor of Business Analysis and Project Management in Netmind since 2009, combining this activity with management responsibilities in IT consulting.
Alfred's 2016 Presentations:
- A Firm Commitment To Business Analysis: Creating a BA Method For a Global Energy Company
Thursday, November 3, 2016 (3:20 pm – 4:20 pm)