4:50 pm – 5:50 pm | Presentation | Room: Roman III & IV
Embracing the BA in the Shadows
Presented by: Bob Hill
Acknowledging that the BA role is not always performed by a person that carries the BA title. With that in mind have a discussion of the challenges that this can have to consistency in tools, approach and quality.
Share two separate efforts that have been implemented to address these challenges:
- BAR (Business Analysis Resource) A meeting that takes place every other week and is directed at the Shadow BA in the business (People who perform the BA role without the title) the goal is to share tools, approaches and experiences to help drive consistent solutions and provide support to those outside the BA team.
- Extended BA Services - An effort to support BA activities that take place within the IT organization. Examples of where technologists are asked to perform BA roles. The goal is to provide education and support to these efforts and work to identify a pool of qualified resources within the IT organization.
Share the results of both of these efforts in addressing challenges. Share the unexpected benefit of 2 internal transfers to the BA department and the interest of future professional moves as a direct result of the program.
- Identifying BA Role without the title
- Approach to support BA in the Business
- Approach to support BA in IT
Business Analysis Manager
CROPP Cooperative (Organic Valley)
Bob Hill is a life long learner who has dedicated a large part of his professional career to the art of Business Analysis. From work at a Fortune 50 to work with Non-Profit and start up organizations, Bob has developed a wealth of experience. Bob currently leverages that experience to benefit a farmer owned cooperative that supports nearly 2000 organic farms and provides organic products to the marketplace under the brands of Organic Valley and Organic Prairie.
Bob's 2016 Presentations:
- Embracing the BA in the Shadows
Thursday, November 3, 2016 (4:50 pm – 5:50 pm)