1:30 pm – 4:30 pm | Pre-Conference Tutorial | Room: Roman III & IV
Business Analysis Foundations Boot Camp - All the Basics You Need to Know
Presented by: Yaaqub Mohamed
This boot camp is intended to help the participants gain solid foundational understanding of business analysis. This boot camp is appropriate for anyone that is interested in learning about the role of a business analyst, validate any pre-existing knowledge of business analysis, or get exposure to key elements before starting a business analysis work engagement. The core concepts of the latest version of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK® V3) will also be presented in a focused and structured format to help relate the foundations of business analysis to the various components of the BABOK®.
- Overview of business analysis
- Understand the role of a business analyst in an IT and non-IT contexts – Leveraging perspectives
- Business analyst – the master collaborator & facilitator
- Business Analysis Core Concept Model (BACCM)
- Knowledge Areas – Introduction and paradigms
- Planning for business analysis and monitoring it along the way
- Collaborating to Elicit requirements
- Managing the Requirement Life Cycle
- Looking at the big picture with strategy analysis
- Defining design, modeling and analyzing the requirements at various levels.
- Evaluating the solutions performance
- Understanding key BA Techniques and the rationale for selecting the most pertinent ones
The BA Coach, Inc.
Yaaqub Mohamed a.k.a Yamo, is a passionate and practicing BA consultant from Toronto, Canada. He has over a decades experience in software development and has worked in diverse domains such as: Government, Retail, Auto, Property, and Life Insurance, Mutual Funds, Banking, Sales and Marketing, CRM, Cloud Computing, Mobile App Development and the Non-profit sector. Yamo believes in adding relentless value to the BA community and advancing the practice. He founded TheBACoach.com blog and hosts the #1 ranked BA podcast on iTunes to help business analysts throughout the world, do analysis better, by providing educational, relevant, and inspiring content. He's the author of 'The Five Pillars of a Great BA', best selling 'The Ultimate CBAP-CCBA Study Guide' and the creator of the revolutionary 'Ultimate BABOK Kit'.
Yaaqub's 2016 Presentations:
- Business Analysis Foundations Boot Camp - All the Basics You Need to Know
Tuesday, November 1, 2016 (1:30 pm – 4:30 pm)