2:00 pm – 3:00 pm | Presentation | Room: Forum 14-16
The Customer Experience Life Cycle as a Basis for Structuring Requirements
Presented by: Thomas Geis
Customer experience and user experience have become important concepts in manufacturing and marketing products successfully.
But how to institutionalize both concepts in the daily business? While traditional development process model start with “the birth” of the product and end with the “sun setting” of the product, a systematic approach to “customer experience management” uses a different approach: The “customer experience life cycle”. To identify and implement user requirements for customer experience, stakeholders such as marketing and sales must become part of the requirements engineering process.
This presentation introduces a practical customer experience lifecycle model that can be reused in projects as a checklist for planning customer research and to identify requirements for customer experience in a systematic style. Generic customer needs for each milestone are introduced that can be contextualized for every individual product development. The customer experience lifecycle can also be used as a structure for requirements management engaging stakeholders such as marketing and sales to actively specify user requirements.
Attendees will learn:
- where the life cycle of experiencing products really starts and where it really ends
- how to identify “implied needs” that users are not aware of to drive great customer/user experience
- that needs of customers and users re-occur across products that can be contextualized for every product development
- how to augment existing product lifecycle processes by relevant customer experience phases
- how to assign “requirements ownership” within the manufacturing organization across marketing, sales, product management and research and development
Thomas Geis is Managing Director of ProContext Consulting GmbH and since 1993 full-time in the work area usability engineering. He is a dedicated professional expert in the occupational field usability and user experience and assumes, among other responsibilities in the following roles:
- Chairman of the International Usability and User Experience Qualification Board (UXQB)
- Founder of the Working Group “Quality Standards “ of the German Usability and User Experience Association (German UPA)
- Head of the ISO Committee "Common Industry Format for Usability"
- Editor of ISO 9241-110 "Dialogue principles for human-system interaction"
- Editor of ISO 25060 "Common Industry Format (CIF) for usability - General Framework for usability-related information"
- Head of the DIN committee "user interfaces"
- Holder of the Usability Achievement Award of the German UPA (2013)
Thomas's 2016 Presentations:
- Optimizing the User Experience: Identifying Needs and Expectations
Tuesday, November 1, 2016 (8:59 am – 11:59 am)
- The Customer Experience Life Cycle as a Basis for Structuring Requirements
Wednesday, November 2, 2016 (2:00 pm – 3:00 pm)