9:00 am – 12:00 pm | Pre-Conference Tutorial
Systems Thinking: A Crucial BA Skill in an Uncertain World
Presented by: Adrian Reed
It has often been said that we live in an increasingly volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world. The external business environment is moving fast, and the ability to create organizations that can adapt and learn is crucial. Yet, so often our stakeholders are blindsided by sickly-sweet silver-bullet solutions that assume a neat linear relationship between cause and effect. The trouble is that things are rarely that simple, and in trying to navigate the organizational ‘spaghetti’, so often we find it hard to get beyond short-term fire-fighting.
In this practical and hands-on workshop, Adrian Reed discusses the importance of systems thinking in business analysis.
During the presentation you will hear:
- What systems thinking “is”, why it matters, and examples of where it can prove relevant in an analysis environment
- A range of practical techniques from the world of systems thinking that have direct applicability in the BA world
- The importance of cross-discipline collaboration
- How systems thinking and systems practice, when embraced by a range of complementary practitioners and stakeholders, can help an organization ‘learn’
This is a hands-on session where you will have the opportunity to interact with other attendees and will have the opportunity to practice using a range of systems thinking techniques.
If you are a business analysis practitioner involved in tricky and messy projects, this session will be of interest to you!
Principal Consultant / Business Analyst
Blackmetric Business Solutions, Ltd.
Adrian Reed is a true advocate of the analysis profession. In his day job, he acts as Principal Consultant and Director at Blackmetric Business Solutions where he provides business analysis consultancy and training solutions to a range of clients in varying industries. He is Immediate Past President of the UK chapter of the IIBA® and he speaks internationally on topics relating to business analysis and business change.
Adrian's 2017 Presentations:
- Systems Thinking: A Crucial BA Skill in an Uncertain World
Monday, November 6, 2017 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Making The Message Stick: Powerful Communication in a Distracted World
Wednesday, November 8, 2017 (10:25 am – 11:25 am)