1:30 pm – 4:30 pm | Pre-Conference Tutorial | Room: Timor 1 & 2
Habits to Become a Business Analyst Problem Solving Machine
As business analysts, there are many habits we can adopt for success. This workshop will focus on the seven foundational habits of planning, understanding the real problem, creating SMART requirements, providing value, prioritizing, communication and collaboration and doing better tomorrow what you did well today will change your career. New analysts will be developing these habits and experienced analysts continue to perfect them.
Practice makes perfect to make habits stick and attending this workshop will give hands on practice. Each is a foundational habit to help create better business outcomes.
Work your way through:
- Understanding and creating a business analysis plan
- Defining a structured problem statement to define the real problem.
- Ensuring your requirements are always SMART and free of ambiguity.
- Identifying and focusing on value to prioritize work
- Communicating and collaborating along the journey as part of a high-performance team
- Focusing on continually improving your skills and your techniques
These habits will transform business analysts into highly effective problem solving machines!
- Plan for Success
- Understand the problem
- Creating value
Heather Mylan-Mains, CBAP
BAs Without Borders
Heather is from Des Moines, Iowa. She is a stimulus for change as a mom, a business analyst consultant and currently Volunteer VP Chapters IIBA®. For the past 17 + years, she has worked with a variety of teams to identify and solve problems. She has been fortunate to work through all the aspects of business analysis; there is no part of the RACI matrix she has not been responsible for! She loves being a business analyst! Heather has a BA in Accounting from Grand View College and an MBA from Drake University and is a CBAP®.
Heather's 2017 Presentations:
- Habits to Become a Business Analyst Problem Solving Machine
Monday, November 6, 2017 (1:30 pm – 4:30 pm)