1:30 pm – 4:30 pm | Pre-Conference Tutorial
Agile Digital Transformation
Presented by: Jason Bloomberg
Management consulting firms are only too happy to provide senior executives with the broad strokes of a digital strategy, explaining how realigning technology investments to address changing customer demands can improve the competitiveness of the organization.
Correspondingly, system integrators and other technology consulting firms are cashing in on digital technology deployments, as they build out mobile applications and cloud-based services that free their customers from the clutches of legacy technology.
The problem is that there is a substantial gap in the middle between these two extremes. Digital strategies must be technology empowered, and digital technology efforts must go hand-in-hand with organizational transformation for digital efforts to succeed.
In the past, enterprise architecture (EA) has served as the glue between corporate strategy and technology implementation. Over the last few years, however, the practice of EA has fallen behind, as it hasn't kept up either with the technology or organizational aspects of digital transformation.
A number of efforts have stepped up to fill this void. Architects of course, who often drop the EA moniker as their role transforms. Agile coaches, who no longer simply provide organizational leadership to software development teams, but who now bring Agile to the enterprise at large.
And in fact, any enterprise or consulting role with one foot in technology and the other in business has transformed for the new digital reality, including business analysts, business process specialists, and business architects.
Regardless of the role, however, digital transformation has changed the game.
- Understand the context for enterprise Digital Transformation, Agile transformation, and how they complement each other -- what we call Agile DigitalTransformation.
- Learn how various roles within the enterprise (and among consultants) must transform in order to continue to provide value in the new digital reality -- enterprise architects to be sure, but also business analysts, business architects, and Agile coaches.
- Gain some useful pointers on putting together a Digital Transformation strategy.
Jason Bloomberg is the leading industry analyst and globally recognized expert on agile digital transformation. He writes and speaks on how today’s disruptive enterprise technology trends support the digital professional’s business transformation goals.
He writes for Forbes, his biweekly newsletter the Cortex, several contributed blogs, and he helps technology vendors and service providers communicate their digital transformation stories. His latest book is The Agile Architecture Revolution (Wiley, 2013).
Jason's 2017 Presentations:
- Agile Digital Transformation
Monday, November 6, 2017 (1:30 pm – 4:30 pm)
- Digital Transformation Requires Enterprisewide Agile Transformation
Wednesday, November 8, 2017 (10:25 am – 11:25 am)