9:00 am – 12:00 pm | Pre-Conference Tutorial | Room: Timor 1 & 2
Your Path to Business Analysis Mastery
Take control of your professional career by developing a personalized career development plan that leverages key IIBA resources to guide your success. Then use it to fast-track your career!
IIBA’s Competency model describes the knowledge, skills, abilities and other personal characteristics required for an individual to be successful as a BA Professional. It is the foundation that informs the IIBA Certification Program. The IIBA Certification Program compliments the competency model and demonstrates your growing expertise.
If you’re serious about your professional development, then why aren’t you leveraging these valuable resources? Use them to benchmark where you are today, determine your personal career path, and identify professional growth opportunities. In short, these critical resources can become your secret weapon for developing a successful, lifelong career.
In this tutorial, we will:
- Describe IIBA’s BA Competency Model and IIBA’s Certification Program
- Discuss the components of the competency model and how they align with our certification program
- Identify how individuals can use these to guide their professional development
- Identify how you would know when you’re ready to proceed from one level to the next
- Review options that you have at each level
- Help develop a personalized plan for your career development
- Understand IIBA’s Competency Model and IIBA’s Certification Program
- Identify how they can be used to drive your professional success
- Develop a personalized career development plan
IIBA® Global Board Director
Michael is an influential leader in Business Analysis. His passionate involvement in building successful professional communities has led him to his current board director role on the global board of IIBA® where he has had a central role in developing strategy. Michael served as Board Chair in 2014-2016.
Michael has a strong entrepreneurial style which brings energy to all of his undertakings.
After a career in project delivery, Michael co-founded a successful consulting company which led to a stock exchange public listing in 2007. In recent years, Michael has returned to Business Analysis leadership through coaching, mentoring and leading capability uplift programs.