10:40 am – 11:40 am | Presentation | Room: Coral 1 & 2
Bridging Strategy to Execution through a Business Capability Model
Presented by: Helen T. McCullough
Transformational business strategy which is formed in the board room has a difficult journey to bridge the wide chasm from idea generation to IT execution. Defining the business strategy in a manner that is implementable and considers the value to the stakeholders is key to realizing the business strategy objective. Today’s business issues are complex – moving the organization to the mobile economy, optimizing the global millennial workforce and customer base, and competing with the new entrants into existing industries – and getting it right the first time is imperative!
Three key concepts of business architecture are explored as solutions to bridging the implementation gap and realizing the strategic objective:
- Business Architecture as a Strategic tool for assessment, planning, and analysis. Explore Business Architecture constructs and introduce TOGAF as a full life-cycle bridging the strategy to execution teams.
- Business Capability Models as a tool to define Agile story.
- Stakeholder engagement tools to ensure project success by identifying key roles in the value proposition and their leverage in the success of the project based on interest and power grid.
- Understanding a Business Capability Model and it's use in Agile Stories.
- Stakeholder Engagement for successful projects.
- TOGAF - A strategy tool for transformation
Sr. Business Architect,
Health Care Service Corporation
Helen T. McCullough has built her career as a Program Manager, Speaker and Strategic Business Architect serving technology, banking and insurance industries. She delivers transformational projects by focusing on Strategy through a stakeholders' lens with traceability to Agile execution efforts. She is a speaker on Stakeholder Engagement and presented her Master's research at International Business Ethics and PMI conferences. She holds a US Copyright on the 'Process to Ethical Action', accredited by the Illinois Bar Association. She holds a BS is Mathematics and Computer Science from University of Illinois Chicago, an MBA in Finance from DePaul University, and MS in Organizational Leadership and Ethics from St. Edwards University.
Helen's 2017 Presentations:
- Bridging Strategy to Execution through a Business Capability Model
Thursday, November 9, 2017 (10:40 am – 11:40 am)