4:40 pm – 5:50 pm | Presentation | Room: Oceana 11 & 12
Capability Uplifts: The Guiding Light Tracking Agile Releases in a Digital Transformation
Presented by: Terry Roach
In the race to embrace the digital economy a wave of transformation is sweeping across enterprise IT. Digital Transformation is on everybody's agenda, but at the exponential rate that change is occurring, transformation is not a one-off thing. We have entered the era of continuous digital transformation.
The principle challenge facing any digital transformation initiative is to clearly articulate the current and future state business model and the roadmap for getting there. In particular, how to identify, track and measure Business Capability uplifts across a portfolio of delivery projects.
This session will address the following issues:
- Leveraging Business Capability maps to plan a transformation initiative
- Measuring the progress of transformation through Capability Assessments
- Tracking the transformation scope across an Agile portfolio
- Managing the roadmap to the Target-Operating-Model
- Analyzing the impact of change
Drawing on experience from a variety of real-world cases, this presentation will propose an integrated meta-model for agile business transformation, provide tangible, reusable project artefacts and offer a pragmatic template to guide business architects and agile practitioners on a digital transformation journey.
Attendees Will Learn About:
- Pragmatic Digital Transformation
- Alignment of Business Architecture and Agile Delivery
- Tracing the path from As-Is to To-Be through an Agile Release Train
Dr. Terry Roach, Ph.D.
Terry Roach is a founder of Capsifi and a long time practitioner of business and enterprise architecture. He is the author of "The Capsicum Framework for strategically aligned business architecture" and the principle design engineer for the Jalapeno semantic modelling platform.
Terry received his PhD in semantic business modelling from the University of New South Wales in 2011, where he remains a research collaborator and an adjunct Sr. Lecturer. He enjoys teaching and provides frequent guest lectures in enterprise architecture, business modelling and semantic technologies most recently at Sydney University, the University of Technology in Sydney, and Manchester University - UK.
Terry's 2017 Presentations:
- Capability Uplifts: The Guiding Light Tracking Agile Releases in a Digital Transformation
Thursday, November 9, 2017 (4:40 pm – 5:50 pm)