1:30 pm – 4:30 pm | Pre-Conference Tutorial | Room: Pompeian III & IV
Delivering Value through Enterprise Level BA Services
It's true that hiring more skilled and experienced business analysts will result in improved results, however research has proven that improving team performance will deliver far greater improvements in results, productivity and increased value delivered to the organization. In short, anything you can do to improve organization level business analysis practices will yield greatly improved business outcomes.
This tutorial will discuss various models to unite your business analysis practitioners and deliver better business outcomes:
- Identify potential models for delivering value for your enterprise
- Identify the characteristics of each model
- Discuss which model is appropriate for your enterprise
- Advantages and disadvantages of each model
- Selecting the right model for your environment
- How to generate enterprise support for your selected model
- What it takes to launch each model
- Developing the value proposition of each model
- Determine how best to launch each of the models
- What pitfalls to avoid
- Setting up each model for success
- How to focus each model for value delivery
- Assessing ongoing value delivered by your BA Service Delivery model
- Are you delivering the projected value?
- Assess how well your model meets enterprise needs
Identify what you can do to increase the value your model delivers
Director, Corporate & Business Development
As a recognized leader, Alain is a senior management professional with over 20 years of experience in both IT and business. Throughout Alain's career, he has established and managed strategies, standards and practices covering various areas of business analysis, project management and change management.
Prior to joining IIBA® as Acting President and CEO in 2013, Alain was a committed volunteer with the organization for seven years. During this time, Alain was Chair of the Board, Vice-Chair of the Board, Chair of the Nominations Committee, and held several positions in the areas of strategic planning, marketing and communications.
In Alain's previous roles at BMO Financial Group, Alain provided leadership and functional management to a team of professionals that managed the enterprise processes for project management and business analysis, as well as supporting strategic and operational improvements initiatives. For over 16 years, Alain owned a small consulting firm in the food and hospitality industry.
As a Member of the Senior Leadership Team at IIBA®, Alain oversees the organization's corporate and business development, which includes strategic engagements and alliances with organizations, governments, academia and professional associations. Alain is a proud member of the business analysis community and is committed to further building the recognition of the profession.
Alain's 2016 Presentations:
- Delivering Value through Enterprise Level BA Services
Monday, October 31, 2016 (1:30 pm – 4:30 pm)
- Agile Business Analysis: Current State of the Practice
Wednesday, November 2, 2016 (4:50 pm – 5:50 pm)