9:00 am – 10:00 am | Presentation | Room: Forum 14-16
Process v Rules: Dawn of Balance
Business analysis is often split into two camps - the process gurus who insist everything is about getting work done while the rule pundits insist that rules rule the world!
In this interactive session, SuperProcess and WonderRule come together to debate the merits of each approach and how the two can work together in harmony to deliver a far richer result.
What Attendees Will Learn:
- How process and rules co-exist and complement each other
- How factoring a complex problem into process and rules makes each easier to analyze and understand
- How to use the appropriate technique at the optimum time.
- To better understand the difference between process and rules
- To learn about useful techniques that leverage both process and rules
- To have fun!
Business Rule Solutions, LLC
Kristen Seer is a Senior Consultant with Business Rule Solutions, LLC. She has worked as a business analyst in industries such as retail, pharmaceuticals, insurance, finance, energy and government.
Her practice focuses on helping clients introduce the business rules approach, including setting up centers of excellence, conducting training in the IPSpeak™ Business Rules Methodology, mentoring business analysts, facilitating sessions to capture business rules, harvesting rules from source documents, redesigning business processes, and analyzing decisions.
Her thirty-year career has encompassed roles as business analyst, rule analyst, data analyst, and project manager. Kristen is a regular speaker at the annual Building Business Capability conference (www.buildingbusinesscapability.com) and has written several articles published in the Business Rule Journal (www.brcommunity.com).
Kristen's 2016 Presentations:
- Process v Rules: Dawn of Balance
Friday, November 4, 2016 (9:00 am – 10:00 am)