3:10 pm – 4:10 pm | Presentation | Room: Florentine III & IV
Requirements Traceability - The Tie That Binds
Presented by: John Jones
People like to see how things are connected - Connect the Dots, genealogy, and requirements in a project. BABOK® Guide has a task Trace Requirements, but what do we gain? And how do we do it?
In this presentation, attendees will learn:
- How the BABOK® Guide defines requirements traceability
- The 3 benefits of knowing the relation between requirements
- How to approach defining what to trace
- What techniques are available to record and store requirements traceability
Whether new to business analysis or seeking to refresh your knowledge of this task, attendees will gain an appreciation for the benefits of tracing requirements.
- "What is Requirements Traceability?"
- Name the 3 benefits to the project of tracing requirements
- Learn how to consider what to trace
- Learn techniques and tools to record requirements traceability
John Jones, CBAP
Senior Business Systems Analyst
UPS Supply Chain Solutions
John began his career in the days of bear skins, flint knives, mainframes and PL/1 as a programmer at Eastman Kodak. Over time, his role expanded to talking to the business contact about their perceived need – a business analyst! John worked with business functions of billing, credit, e-commerce with business and consumers, and marketing.
A shift in Kodak’s business shifted John to his current position as Senior Business Systems Analyst with UPS – Supply Chain Solutions. John has worked in the UPS BA Practice and now providing analysis to the Freight Forwarding business.
John achieved the Certified Business Analysis Professional™ designation in May 2014 and UPS BA Certification in August 2014.
John's 2016 Presentations:
- Requirements Traceability - The Tie That Binds
Wednesday, November 2, 2016 (3:10 pm – 4:10 pm)