11:35 am – 12:35 pm | Presentation | Room: Oceana 3-5
Business Transformation — Are You Ready?
Presented by: Cheryl Wheeler
More and more we see articles in the media stating that transformation or change programs fail over 70% of the time. This statistic is staggering yet many organizations are still contemplating, or worse commencing on transformational journeys when they have no idea if they have what it takes to be successful.
Considering this type of endeavour requires, at minimum, an understanding of the organization’s:
- Culture: Shared norms, beliefs, practices and social behaviors of the organization that influence what change is undertaken and how the change is implemented.
- Commitment: Clarity of understanding of the need for change; alignment of change with values; complexity and volatility of environment; leadership / sponsorship actions and involvement.
- Capacity: Processes, work structures, knowledge, experience and resources applied to mobilizing, implementing and sustaining change in the organization.
Conducting an Enterprise Scan establishes a clear understanding of the risks that may constrain stakeholder participation and success of the transformation and, helps answer the question, “Are we ready for this change?”
An Enterprise Scan helps to inform decisions such as:
- whether to proceed with the change
- how to address risks
- which application of resources will be most valuable
Failure to identify and address the risks to transformation up front, will add one more failed transformation program to the list.
- Tailor Enterprise Scan survey and interview questions to target audience group
- Analyze the responses
- Document findings
Business Architecture and Transformation Specialist
Mejora Consulting, Inc.
Cheryl Wheeler is an inspiring and results-oriented senior Enterprise Business Architect & Transformation Specialist. Ensuring alignment and traceability of actions and investments to business strategies is her passion. Cheryl has over 20 years’ experience in Strategic Planning, Enterprise Business Architecture, Business Transformation, Change Management, Business Process Management, Business Analysis, Project / Program Management Practices. Cheryl is the creator of the results-based, collaborative methodology – Transform Strategy to Action (TS2A). This powerful, proprietary methodology examines those areas of the business where there may be misalignment to strategic outcomes and targets – areas such as policy, organizational structure, people capability and capacity, business processes, infrastructure, and information systems and enabling technologies. Cheryl is also is a certified management consultant (CMC) and PROSCI Change Management certified.
Cheryl's 2017 Presentations:
- Scalable Agile — Harnessing the Power of Enterprise Business Architecture (EBA)
Monday, November 6, 2017 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Business Transformation — Are You Ready?
Wednesday, November 8, 2017 (11:35 am – 12:35 pm)