8:00 am – 8:50 am | Presentation | Room: Oceana 8-10
Culture Modeling Workshops: A Practical Approach to Transform an Organization
Corporate culture refers to the shared values, attitudes, standards, and beliefs that characterize members of an organization and define its nature. Culture is specific and intrinsic to each corporation and positively or negatively affects its results, affecting how people understand, commit, and execute processes and regulations.
In a reengineering program aimed to transform the IT area of the Itaipu Binacional Hydroelectric Dam (Brazil and Paraguay) we face the following challenge: "Redesigning the processes won’t be effective if we do not transform the current culture." People must be heard, their anxieties must be identified and addressed for the new process to emerge in a collaborative way supported by a new culture.
To deal with this challenge using the Culture Model Canvas, workshops mapped the negative aspects of the current culture and what should be the "ideal" culture. Focusing on the organization vision and mission defined by the executives, other contributors suggested initiatives to transform the culture of the organization. From these initiatives and insights the processes have been redesigned with the support of all the stakeholders.
- Concept of corporate culture and why it is relevant to process reengineering
- Behavioral aspects - The challenge of dealing with culture
- Culture Model Canvas
Collaborative Workshops for Organizational Transformation
- The importance of strategic drivers to guide organizational transformation
- Expelling the demons out of our culture model
- Stories from the field – Difficult Situations Faced
- Turning the table with positive culture – engaging employees on a positive agenda
- Identifying initiatives for future projects
- Committing – What can we do now?
Results we got from the workshops
- Lessons learned
- Hits and misses
- Culture Modeling Workshops strengths and weaknesses
- Usage recommendations
- How to model stimulators, blockers, behaviors and results using the Culture Model Canvas.
- How to conduct organizational change to strategic objectives from a cultural perspective.
- Lessons learned: Hits and misses from our experience at Itaipu Binacional
Consultant and Instructor
Gigante Consultoria Empresarial Ltda
Fabrício Laguna has a Bachelor in Computer Science, MBA, CBAP and PMP certified. He was the first Latin American CBAP in 2008. In 2009 he led the translation project of BABOK® Guide to Portuguese, and has been President of IIBA® São Paulo Chapter since 2012.
As an instructor he has taught almost 10,000 class hours in the last 10 years, helping professionals to enhance their skills.
As a specialist in Business Analysis, Project Management and Software Engineering, he helped several organizations to redesign their Systems Development Methodologies.
Fabricio is a founding partner of Gigante Consultoria, a Consulting and Training Company.
Fabrício's 2017 Presentations:
- Culture Modeling Workshops: A Practical Approach to Transform an Organization
Friday, November 10, 2017 (8:00 am – 8:50 am)