9:00 am – 10:00 am | Presentation | Room: Banda Sea 1 & 2
The Faster, Smarter Workforce of the Future: The Real Business Impact of Natural Language Understanding
Presented by: Amy Guarino
In a business environment overwhelmed by too much information but not enough knowledge, technology has been little help to date; in fact, most analysts still resort to tools like Google Search to find the vital intelligence they need. As a result, we can’t read and understand textual information any faster than our grandparents could, making US the bottlenecks in our own decision-making processes in such critical fields as security, healthcare, finance, law and multinational business.
Fortunately, today there are new machine-driven technologies that are moving us beyond simple textual search and natural language processing to achieve natural language understanding (NLU), where we can quickly and easily discover the true meaning and implications of the text being researched.
- Share new approaches to achieving natural language understanding and explain their pros and cons
- Present case studies that demonstrate the value of NLU in public and private sectors
- Help companies assess and prioritize the top challenges where NLU can be most effective
- Outline what resources you will need to have to be successful implementing NLU
- Identify the potential risks to the success of these types of projects
Amy is passionate about helping customers and partners transform their organizations. Prior to her role as Chief Operating Officer at Kyndi, she spent eight years at Marketo. She joined Marketo in early 2009 as the Vice President of Business Development (employee #25.) During her career there, Marketo grew from less than $1M in revenue to over $250M, went public in 2013 and was acquired by Vista Private Equity for $1.8B in 2016. She ran the customer sales organization and started Marketo KK (Japan.) Over the past 25+ years, she's been an accomplished business leader who utilizes sales, marketing and management capabilities developed at IBM to quickly drive results at start-up and mid-size companies. www.linkedin.com/in/amyguarino
Amy's 2017 Presentations:
- The Faster, Smarter Workforce of the Future: The Real Business Impact of Natural Language Understanding
Friday, November 10, 2017 (9:00 am – 10:00 am)