10:20 am – 11:20 am | Presentation | Room: Oceana 8-10
Innovation — Transitioning Ideas to Reality
Presented by: Haydn Thomas
Innovation, Innovation, Innovation. (wave the jazz hands as you say these words out loud). The buzz word has taken hold. However, Management Guru, Peter Drucker, leveraged the concept that all organisations need to Innovate and Market in his book “The Practice of Management” in 1954!!! In this strategic presentation on Innovation implementation we will cover the proven methodologies and best practices (although they are seldom correctly applied) to lead and participate in innovation efforts for your organisation to gain or maintain sustainable offerings. Innovation leaders need to recognise and utilise every phase of the innovation process to develop effective policy and services that successfully deliver or exceed the expected benefits to the organisation and stakeholders. This insightful presentation covers the complete innovation life cycle, from service ideation to launch and sustainment.
Key Learning Objectives:
Learn how to take Innovation through the lifecycle to achieving your stated outcomes. This will be demonstrated and explored through:
- processes and activities associated with the Managed Front End that transforms needs and ideas into business cases for potentially viable concepts; and
- the New Product/Service Development process that uses a framework of execution stages and decision gates to transform concepts into launching into their intended market.
Participants will be taken through the 8 stage Innovation lifecycle that will cover taking an idea from Strategy through Tactical to Operational. Harnessing new and enhanced opportunities into tangible outcomes.
Attendees Will Learn How To:
- Understand the Innovation Framework
- Develop skills to drive Innovation Success
- Understand why Analysis is Golden
- Understand End to End Thinking
- Deliver better results faster
Haydn has over 20 years of real world experience in management, portfolio, program and project management, business analysis and business consulting. He has worked extensively in large international and domestic banks, government organisations, solution providers. In addition Haydn has worked with start-up companies in defining and implementing structure, business solutions, leadership, change management, competencies and efficiencies. Haydn has provided services to clients across Australia, New Zealand, Asia & North America.
Haydn's 2017 Presentations:
- Demonstrating Courageous Leadership - Effectively Manage Politically Charged Projects
Monday, November 6, 2017 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Innovation — Transitioning Ideas to Reality
Friday, November 10, 2017 (10:20 am – 11:20 am)