9:00 am – 12:00 pm | Pre-Conference Tutorial | Room: Grand Oaks I
Problem Analysis for Innovation: Your Practical Toolbox!
Presented by: Adrian Reed
We live in a fast-moving world where organizations need to innovate to survive. Increasingly, organizations are seeing the value in conducting business analysis early in the business change lifecycle. This ensures that there is a firm and shared understanding of the business context, and the problem or opportunity that need to be addressed.
Yet working in this pre-project environment can be difficult. Scope can be hard to pin down, and it is important to avoid delving into the detail too soon. In this interactive, hands-on workshop, we explore a range of complementary techniques for carrying out pre-project, high-level analysis. We explore techniques that are useful in ‘messy’ problem situations where there are different stakeholder views and perspectives.
The session will cover:
- A range of strategic business analysis techniques that are useful for investigating organizational situations, problems and opportunities
- The relevance of systems thinking for Bas
- A practical technique for defining the early ‘problem’ or ‘opportunity’ scope
- How practitioners can use BA techniques to foster innovation
This hands-on, interactive session provides the opportunity to try a range of techniques. Please come prepared to discuss, experiment and share your experiences!
Principal Consultant / Business Analyst
Blackmetric Business Solutions, Ltd.
Adrian Reed is a true advocate of the analysis profession. In his day job, he acts as Principal Consultant and Director at Blackmetric Business Solutions where he provides business analysis consultancy and training solutions to a range of clients in varying industries. He is Immediate Past President of the UK chapter of the IIBA® and he speaks internationally on topics relating to business analysis and business change.
Adrian's 2018 Presentations:
- Problem Analysis for Innovation: Your Practical Toolbox!
Monday, November 5, 2018 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Leading from the Middle: Influencing & Delivery in Tricky Projects
Wednesday, November 7, 2018 (2:55 pm – 3:40 pm)
- Is Business Analysis the Profession of the Future?
Wednesday, November 7, 2018 (4:20 pm – 5:05 pm)