1:30 pm – 4:30 pm | Pre-Conference Tutorial
Think - Shape - Try your Idea with the Innovation Canvas
Presented by: Filip Hendrickx
Innovation is hard. Ideas are cheap and plentiful, but execution often falls short and few ideas lead to valuable results within reasonable time and budget.
In this hands-on workshop, we will use the Innovation Canvas and corresponding validation driven approach (think — shape — try) to guide idea development. Some of the challenges this approach tackles:
- Shift from product thinking to customer thinking
- Turn a "we believe" mindset into a "what are our assumptions & how can we validate them" mindset
- Connect with the established organisation's way of working, engaging more conservative stakeholders without hindering creativity
The approach helps BAs facilitate their organisation's innovation process, from ideation to value creation. It enables BAs to take a validation driven approach, building customer feedback and agility into the process right from the start.
The approach's practical application and results in multiple organisations will be shared. We will also look some key enablers of an effective innovation organisation.
- How to move from idea to action
- Enabling validation driven product development
- How to discover what customers really want
- How to get out of your comfort zone and into startup mode
Business Architect Meets Innovator
After about 10 years in business consulting and a prior 10 years in software engineering and research, Filip Hendrickx founded altershape to help established organisations become corporate startups. To do this, he follows a structured yet pragmatic approach, by bridging BA with lean startup and innovation techniques.
As VP Events of the IIBA Brussels Chapter, Filip helps supporting the BA profession and building the BA community in Belgium. Together with Ian Richards, Filip is also co-author of the upcoming book on business transformation "When change isn't strange".
You can follow Filip on Twitter as @filiphdr.
Filip's 2018 Presentations:
- Think - Shape - Try your Idea with the Innovation Canvas
Monday, November 5, 2018 (1:30 pm – 4:30 pm)