1:30 pm – 4:30 pm | Pre-Conference Tutorial | Room: Grand Oaks H
Setting Priorities and Delivering Innovation Rapidly Using Business Architecture
Presented by: Daniel Lambert
Using a detailed Financial Services Business Architecture Framework, attendees will be invited to go through the different steps involved in setting priorities and planning a detailed customer-experience innovative project using business architecture techniques. Steps will include the following:
- examine and clarify business strategies
- explain different techniques that can be used to evaluate and select the most problematic capabilities to address
- analyze the gaps between the current state and the objectives set by management
- elaborate the expected initiative outcome
- build two scenarios with budgets and GANTT charts explaining how these outcomes could be reached
- select your roadmap
- list general and detailed requirements necessary to deliver the initiatives including at least 1 user story and finally
- build new and simplified business processes based on a customer journey map, a detailed value stream/value stages and its enabling capabilities.
The tutorial will include the use of a freely available presentation, of a financial services business architecture framework, and a business architecture software tool.
VP - Business Architecture
I have over 25 years of experience in information technology (LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniellambert1962. As a venture capitalist, I have been involved with numerous hardware and software start-ups that were later sold very profitably to large companies like Avago Technologies in Singapore, BMC Software, Oracle and Schlumberger. Now, I am a marketing & finance strategist assisting large companies in their growth, digital transformation and business architecture. My involvement as a strategist are at the following companies: TD Bank, Bristol Myers Squibb, the USA and USA Federal governments, among others. I've made (or will make) presentations at various IIBA® Chapters and BA World events in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis, Seattle, Toronto, Washington DC, etc. I've also written articles for BA Times.
Daniel's 2018 Presentations:
- Setting Priorities and Delivering Innovation Rapidly Using Business Architecture
Tuesday, November 6, 2018 (1:30 pm – 4:30 pm)
- 7 Qualities of Top Innovating Business Architects
Thursday, November 8, 2018 (2:10 pm – 2:55 pm)