1:30 pm – 4:30 pm | Pre-Conference Tutorial | Room: Cibolo 5
Business Data Modeling Made Easy
Presented by: Gary Rush
Business Data Modeling is one of the most effective methods to define and document business rules and policies, yet it is resisted and misunderstood by many businesses. This session dispels the barriers to accepting and understanding Business Data Modeling while describing when and "how to" use it.
This interactive session is geared to enabling business analysts to understand the importance and use of Data Modeling in gathering business requirements. It is a brief summary of his book, FoCuSeD Business Data Modeling Made Easy.
- How to build a Business Data Model with business clients who have never seen a data model.
- How to use the modeling session to clarify and re-engineer the business.
- How Active Listening affects the model and how to effectively listen to your clients.
- How to harness the collective knowledge of your clients to build a model that they embrace.
- How to make the model truly their model.
Gary Rush, CPF
MGR Consulting, Inc.
Gary Rush, IAF Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF), is Founder & CEO of MGR Consulting. Over the past 30+ years he has been a leading Group Facilitator and Facilitator Trainer. He is the only person, still working, to create his own facilitation techniques — FAST revolutionizing it with FoCuSeD — a unique approach to structured facilitation transforming the facilitation industry. He has trained thousands of people from more than 18 countries, and has delivered his structured facilitation class in 8 countries within North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. His students have gone on to become CEOs and CIOs, crediting their success to the people and process skills gained in his facilitator training classes. He has written "how to" books covering facilitation, data modeling, etc.
Gary's 2018 Presentations:
- Business Data Modeling Made Easy
Tuesday, November 6, 2018 (1:30 pm – 4:30 pm)